January 1: Rent Due
January 5: Late Fee Applied
January 10: Second Late Fee Applied
January 13: Mad Dog Demolition Derby @ Cowan Civic Center, 7:30 p.m.
January 15: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School
January 25-26: No School/Parent-Teacher conferences
New Year’s Day Tradition
1 lb. black-eyed peas
1 (32-oz.) box chicken broth
1 (14-oz) can petite diced tomatoes
6 slices bacon, cooked and sliced 1 cup diced ham
1/2 cup diced sweet onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
about ¼ tsp. salt (add to taste at the END of cooking time)
6-quart or larger slow cooker
- Start by soaking the black-eyed peas overnight in the slow cooker. Add water to cover plus a few inches more. Let the black-eyed peas soak for at least 8 hours (don’t turn on the slow cooker, just let them soak).
- In the morning drain the water.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, bacon, ham, onion, garlic, oregano and pepper. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours. Do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- Add salt to taste.
- For creamier beans stir and smash some of the beans. Serve with cornbread.
— from the Magical Slow Cooker
If you have an emergency involving air, heat, or a major water leak, please call (417) 864-6303 immediately. For all other repairs and concerns, please log in to your Rent Café account to submit a request for service.
Please notify our oﬃce if you have changed your telephone number, job, car, etc. It is important that we have a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Follow The Timbers on Facebook. It’s the place to go every day for property updates and community events.