May 4: 2018 Leadercast Live. Learn how to lead yourself. Lifepoint Church, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Reservations are $45 and includes a Leadercast handbook, light breakfast, refreshment breaks, and boxed lunch. Lunch guest speaker: Rick Duree, Duree Center for Entrepreneurship at Lindenwood University. More info: (417) 588-3256.
May 5: Ha Ha Half-Marathon. No fees, no awards and no aid stations. The Ha Ha Half becomes a fully certified course in 2019 with awards, t-shirts, aid stations and everything you expect from a certified event. Post-run, there’ll be pizzas, water and electrolytes at a reserved pavilion inside the park, lakeside. The course features single track trail and 316 steps. 10 a.m., Ha Ha Tonka State Park, 1491 State Road D, Camdenton.
May 11: Graduation! Congrats, students. Cowan Civic Center.
May 21: Last day of school. Keep an eye out for the kiddos!
Ha Ha Tonka State Park
If you have an emergency involving air, heat, or a major water leak, please call (417) 864-6303 immediately. For all other repairs and concerns, please log in to your Rent Café account to submit a request for service.
Please notify our office ASAP if you change your telephone number, job, car, etc. It is important that we have a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency. Thanks!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Follow The Timbers on Facebook. It’s the place to go every day for property updates and community events.
FRESH RECIPE FOR SPRING: PORK STIR FRY WITH SNOW PEAS
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. pork tenderloin, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups snow peas, diagonally sliced
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl. Add bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pork, soy sauce mixture, snow peas to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Heat rice. Divide among 4 bowls; top with the pork mixture and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges.