RESOLVED FOR 2019: Keeping up with the clutter.
It’s a great goal — and we have some tips to help you keep your resolution!
- Mop at least once a week to get rid of spilled liquids and food particles
- Either use a trash can with a very tight ﬁtting lid or take out trash every night
- Get rid of clutter. Unnecessary clutter will provide harborage for pests.
- Throw away cardboard boxes.
Eliminate any unneeded papers, put remaining papers in secure containers.
Do not to put anything (blankets, clothes, ﬁles…) under your bed or sofa unless it is in a secure (pest resistant) container.
Get rid of any unused items. (clothes, linens, food items and papers that are left unchecked for long periods of time may become perfect hiding or breeding places for pests)
- Invest in essential oils. They not only make your apartment smell fresher, they can help repel bugs. Eﬀective essential oils include cinnamon, lemongrass, clove, peppermint, lavender, thyme, tea tree, and eucalyptus.
Keep kitchen area as clean as possible.
Wash and put away dishes after every use
Wipe down counter tops to get rid of any little food crumbs
Rinse and dry sinks every night to eliminate a possible water source
Empty toaster crumb trays, wipe down appliances
Thoroughly sweep the ﬂoor to get rid of crumbs
THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
January 1: Rent due.
January 5: National Antique Tractor Pull. Presented by Missouri Pulling LLC. Cowan Civic Center. 500 E. Elm. 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tickets: (417) 839-1748.
January 5: Late fee applies.
January 12: Mad Dog Demolition Derby. Mayhem, destruction, fun. Cowan Civic Center. Gates open at 6 p.m.; show starts at 7:30. Tickets: (417) 863-6353.
January 30: Carden International Circus. The exhibition hall at Cowan Civic Center, 500 E. Elm. Tickets: $9-18. Show starts at 6:30 p.m.