May 4: 2018 Leadercast Live. Learn how to lead yourself. Lifepoint Church, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Reservations are $45 and includes a Leadercast handbook, light breakfast, refreshment breaks, and boxed lunch. Lunch guest speaker: Rick Duree, Duree Center for Entrepreneurship at Lindenwood University. More info: (417) 588-3256.
May 5: Ha Ha Half-Marathon. No fees, no awards and no aid stations. The Ha Ha Half becomes a fully certified course in 2019 with awards, t-shirts, aid stations and everything you expect from a certified event. Post-run, there’ll be pizzas, water and electrolytes at a reserved pavilion inside the park, lakeside. The course features single track trail and 316 steps. 10 a.m., Ha Ha Tonka State Park, 1491 State Road D, Camdenton.
May 11: Graduation! Congrats, students. Cowan Civic Center.
May 21: Last day of school. Keep an eye out for the kiddos!
Ha Ha Tonka State Park
If you have an emergency involving air, heat, or a major water leak, please call (417) 864-6303 immediately. For all other repairs and concerns, please log in to your Rent Café account to submit a request for service.
Please notify our office ASAP if you change your telephone number, job, car, etc. It is important that we have a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency. Thanks!
FRESH RECIPE FOR SPRING: PORK STIR FRY WITH SNOW PEAS
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8 oz. pork tenderloin, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups snow peas, diagonally sliced
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl. Add bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pork, soy sauce mixture, snow peas to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Heat rice. Divide among 4 bowls; top with the pork mixture and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges.